Moisturizer is one of the most essential elements of a skincare routine. Just because a moisturizer is necessary, it doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune on the same. Sure, luxe formulas are satisfying, but one must be creative with an interest in natural skincare ingredients and recipes if you wish to have a moisturizer at an affordable price. Any guesses?
A DIY Body and Face Moisturizer! Moisturizers are infused with natural oils and specific, handpicked ingredients that can benefit your skin positively with moisturization. You can easily DIY a moisturizer by blending certain oils and ingredients. But! Before picking up any moisturizer or making one, you need to know your skin type.
Know your Skin Type for DIY Moisturizer
Every skin type has a different requirement for moisturization and suits a particular moisturizer. That is why it is essential that you know your skin type before making a moisturizer. You can easily know your skin type by the following simple method mentioned below.
- Step 1: Wash your face with a sulfate-free mild cleanser. Make sure it is not harsh on your skin.
- Step 2: Pat your skin dry with a soft towel and leave it bare for some time.
- Step 3: Do not apply any product to your face for at least an hour.
- Step 4: After one hour, take a clean tissue and spread it on your face. Dab your skin gently. Just have a look at the tissue paper and feel the quality of your skin.
- If your bare skin feels greasy and glossy, then you have oily skin.
- If your skin feels tight and dry, then you have dry skin. Your skin tends to become flaky and itchy.
- If your skin is greasy on the T-Zone and the cheeks are normal/ dry, then you have combination skin.
- If your skin isn’t too dry and oily, then you have normal skin.
You can follow this simple method and know your skin type. After you know your skin type, you can make any DIY Moisturizer that you want. Now, let us look at some of the DIY moisturizers for your skin.
Moisturizing is an essential part of every woman’s beauty regime. Whether you have oily skin or dry skin, moisturizers are necessary. But instead of spending money on expensive products, you can make your moisturizer at home. Here’s how!
Shea Butter Moisturizer for Dry & Combination Skin
If you have dry skin, adding a simple moisturizing cream can do wonders. When it comes to DIY moisturizers, Shea Butter is the best because of its healing, protecting, and anti-aging properties. With a blend of Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter, your skin can get ultra-gentle care. So, for this moisturizer, you will need:
● ¼ cup of Shea Butter
● ¼ cup of Cocoa Butter
● 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
Now, follow the steps mentioned below:
● Melt Cocoa Butter on the stove. Don’t warm it for more than 1 minute.
● Add Olive Oil and Shea Butter to it and mix it thoroughly.
● Let the mixture cool down. Place it in the fridge so that it solidifies.
● Stir to get the final texture and transfer it into the jar. Use a spatula to apply it to the face and body. Gently rub it until the moisturizer is completely absorbed.
Hazelnut Moisturizer for Combination Skin
If you have a combination skin that is oily at your T-Zone, then you need a Hazelnut Moisturizer. Dryness happens when certain areas of your skin lack moisture. That is why you must use natural oils to keep your skin hydrated. Natural oils produce moisture in the skin and keep it nourished all day long. So, for this moisturizer, you need the following ingredients.
● One tablespoon of Hazelnut Oil
● One tablespoon of Sesame Oil/ Jojoba Oil
● One tablespoon of Avocado Oil
Now, follow the steps mentioned below:
● Take all the oils and blend them together in a bowl.
● Double the quantity if you feel like it’s less. Since it’s an oil moisturizer, it will be easier to disperse the formula evenly on the skin.
● Apply this oil to your face and body and massage it to activate the oil in your skin.
● It is best to use this oil at night for effective results.
DIY Moisturizing Mist for Oily and Acne-Prone Skin
Acne-prone skin needs a different kind of moisturizer. An acne-prone skin breaks out every now and then. That is why for oily skin you will need a gentle DIY Moisturizer formula. One thing to keep in mind is that you don’t need oil or lotion for moisturization. Mists also work wonders when it comes to oily skin types. Mists are helpful in killing the bacteria and making your skin even-toned. Mists can be used by people who have combination or oily skin. for the moisturizing mist, you need the following ingredients:
● Two tablespoons of Lavender Oil
● Five to ten drops of Lavender Oil
● One tablespoon of Peppermint Water
● One tablespoon of Witch Hazel
Now that you have all the ingredients, follow the steps mentioned below:
● Combine the ingredients in a bowl and blend them thoroughly. Transfer the ingredients to a spray bottle and shake it well.
● Spray it to your face and let it stay for some time.
● Let the ingredients absorb completely in your face.
● Spray it during the day and especially at night to get pimple clear, nourished skin.
Beeswax Moisturizer for Dry Skin
Beeswax is an amazing ingredient when it comes to dry skin. It is one of the best humectants that make it the best face moisturizer for women. It adds a protective layer to the skin and keeps it hydrated all day long. Beeswax, being a natural exfoliator, is ideal for sloughing away dead skin cells while keeping your skin healthy and moisturized. For this DIY moisturizer, you need the following ingredients:
● ¼ cup of Beeswax Pellets
● ½ cup of Olive Oil
● ½ cup of Coconut Oil
● 10 drops of any essential oil (like Patchouli, Roman Chamomile, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Lavender, Geranium Oil, or Clary Sage.)
Follow the steps mentioned below to turn your dry skin into a nourished one:
● Melt the Beeswax using a double boiler. Once it boils completely, let it cool.
● Add Coconut Oil and Olive Oil and blend it thoroughly.
● Further, add the essential oils and mix well to get a creamy texture.
● Transfer the mixture into a glass jar and store it. Apply it on the face and body for deep moisturization and wound healing.
DIY Nourishing Face and Body Cream
The nourishing cream that we are going to talk about has various essential oils. These oils protect your skin cells. They have antiseptic properties that heal infections and prevent various skin infections. They prevent your skin from drying out while keeping it healthy and nourished. So, to make this nourishing cream, you need the following:
● ½ cup of Shea Butter
● Two tablespoons of Almond Oil
● Ten drops of Lavender Essential Oil
● Five drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
● Three drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
● Three drops of Carrot Seed Essential Oil
Combine all the ingredients and follow the steps mentioned below:
● Melt Shea Butter and add Almond Oil to it. Blend it well.
● Let this mixture cool and further add essential oils to it.
● Blend the mixture well and further whip it.
● Scoop out the creamy texture into a glass jar. Store it at room temperature.
● Massage the cream on your face and body until they are completely absorbed.
● Apply the cream at night for the best results.
Coconut Oil Moisturizer
Coconut has fantastic nourishing qualities. It is antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial. It is rich in Vitamin E that invigorates and repairs the skin. Also, it protects your skin from cracking and premature wrinkling. For smooth and even-toned skin, you need this Coconut Oil moisturizer. So, first, you need to gather the following things:
● 12 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
● ½ cup of Organic Coconut Oil
● One teaspoon liquid of Vitamin E
Now, follow the steps mentioned below for perfectly hydrated skin:
● Melt the Coconut Oil and place it into a jar. Add some warm water to it.
● Add other ingredients and stir it well. Mix it until they are evenly combined.
● After the oil is solidified, apply it to your face and body for a nourished skin.
Aloe Vera Moisturizer
Aloe Vera is a homemade moisturizer that keeps your skin supple and hydrated. It helps in reducing wrinkles and improves skin’s firmness and elasticity. If you have excessively dry skin, then Aloe Vera is the only cure for all your skin woes. For making this moisturizer, you will need the following ingredients:
● Two tablespoons of Coconut Oil
● Four Tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel
● Two tablespoons of Almond Oil
● One tablespoon of Vitamin E Oil
Now, follow the steps mentioned below:
● Mix Almond Oil and Coconut Oil with Aloe Vera Gel.
● Stir it thoroughly until the gel is turned into a creamy texture.
● Apply it to your face and store the rest in a container.
● Keep your skin nourished all day long with this DIY face moisturizer.
So, these are some of the best DIY moisturizer creams and lotions for the face and body. Now, let us look at some of the face oils and body oils available on The Ayurveda Company.
Best DIY Moisturizers – Our Top Recommendations
To keep the skin moisturised, one needs to prepare it beforehand to get a smooth, silky, soft texture along with supple and nourished skin. For this, exfoliation is a curcial step. Face and body exfoliation helps in removing the deadskin cells and makes way for glowing skin that can retain the moisture. The Ayurveda Company comes with 100% natural body, face oils & polishers that benefit our skin naturally. They are completely absorbed in the skin and make it naturally radiant. Below are the best face and body oils available on TAC.
100% Natural Eladi, Triphala & Hemp Seed Ultimate Face & Body Glow Oil
Meticulously blended with Eladi Oil and Triphala Powder, TAC’s face and body glow oil is the answer to all your skin woes. The product works on the deepest layers of your skin to rejuvenate and brighten them. With the mystical properties of Rare Himalayan Herbs, this face and body oil improve overall skin texture. It adds a natural sheen to your skin and soothes your senses. It is advised to use it at night for the best results. The oil helps detan and reduce cellulite, thereby providing you with healthy and bright skin. Get this product from TAC to get supply, firm, and naturally glowing skin.
100% Natural Eladi Triphala Face Polisher Scrub
One of the best face polishers with natural ingredients! This natural and gentle face polisher by TAC is infused with Hemp Seed Oil that helps in clearing acne, lightening scars, etc. The product makes your skin supple, fresh and healed from within. The product controls excess oil in the skin and makes it even textured, bright, and supple. This face polisher makes your face look naturally radiant. Make everyone go in awe of your skin with TAC’s Eladi Triphala Face Polisher Scrub. Get it now from TAC.
100% Natural Eladi, Triphala, and Hemp Seed Ultimate Body Polisher Scrub
Get smooth, dewy, and glowing skin with TAC’s Eladi, Triphala, and Hemp Seed Body Polisher. Made with 100% natural ingredients, this body polisher gently exfoliates and removes dead skin cells from your skin. It reduces tan from the body and cellulite that improves blood circulation, thereby providing you with naturally radiant skin. The product is suitable for all skin types and turns your dull and dehydrated skin into a radiant one. Buy this product from TAC now!
Eladi, Triphala, and Hemp Seed Skincare Range Gift Set
Get a sun-kissed, glass skin glow with TAC’s Eladi, Triphala, and Hemp Seed Skincare Gift Range. The gift range consists of 100% natural Body Polisher, Face Polisher Scrub, and Face & Body Oil. Infused with Eladi, Triphala, and Hemp Seed, this gift range effectively reduces tan, dullness, and grime from your skin, thereby revealing the ultimate, luminous glow from within. The lightly aromatic face and body oil reduce cellulite and scars on the body with regular usage. This package effectively reduces acne and treats various skin issues. It delays early signs of aging and rebuilds skin protein. Get naturally radiant and beautiful skin with TAC’s Skincare Gift Range.
So, these are some of the best products available on TAC. These products are made with 100% natural ingredients that benefit your skin. The polishers gently exfoliate your skin while the body and face oil deeply nourish the skin. Buy these products on TheAyurvedaCo and indulge in the blissful experience of perfect, radiant, and beautiful skin that you have always dreamt of.