The silver lining about this horrific covid 19 situation is that one can spend time with their family and nestle themselves in self-care. Before the outbreak, many of us were busy with our daily lives and work, missing out on time to take care of our skin, but no more procrastination! Pandemic is the perfect excuse to indulge in self-care with ayurvedic skincare ingredients and start pampering your skin to attain youthful and radiant skin.
DIYs are an excellent way to conquer essential nutrients and vitamins from natural and organic ayurvedic skincare ingredients. If you are a sceptical person and worry about the health of your skin too much, this is the ideal method to find proper skincare for your skin. These ingredients are mild and have no diverse effects as it is free from parabens, allergens, fragrance, and any preservatives.You are wondering how to get a miraculous skin transformation without spending a fortune? Here are some ultimate DIYs hacks with ayurvedic skin products that'll solve all your skincare woes with just essential ingredients right from your kitchen.
INGREDIENTS FOR DRY SKIN
The sebum (oil glands) is naturally produced from our skin and shields it from environmental hazards, germs, pollutants, and moisture loss. One can reap the moisturizing benefits with just a few ayurvedic skin products from your kitchen or your garden. A couple of oils can take care of your dry and patchy skin, like lavender oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil.
BEST DIYS FOR DRY SKIN
- Avocado face mask: Avocado is rich in biotin, which is part of vitamin B. Biotin is ayurvedic skincare that helps prevent dry skin and improve skin elasticity. Just mix fresh avocado with coconut oil or honey and apply it all over your face to get a healthy glow and moisturized skin.
- Banana face mask: Banana is a popular fruit; it helps your digestive system and skin issues. Dry skin is the primary cause of wrinkles and fine lines. Bananas mixed with honey and olive oil can transform your skin, making it radiant and healthy. Honey and olive oil are ayurvedic skin care emollients that deeply moisturizes your skin, keeping it soft and plump.
- Brown sugar scrub: Sugar is a widely popular ayurvedic skin product that acts as a natural exfoliator. It wipes out all the debris, germs and pollutants from the clogged pores making your skin clean and fresh. Mix brown or regular sugar with coconut oil or olive oil and scrub it lightly on your face. You can also add oats and honey to obtain hydrating and calming impacts.
INGREDIENTS FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN
Acne-prone skin or sensitive skin can be troublesome and demand attention and care. Most of the ingredients might not work or can cause irritation and redness. Inflamed skin is usually caused by the free radicals and toxins present in the air and sun rays. The ayurvedic skin products like Milk and neem are rich in anti-inflammatory properties and provide a cooling impact that clears the acne and mellows down the redness. Several other ayurvedic skincare ingredients like turmeric, aloe vera, gram flour, etc., also help to battle irritation and infection.
BEST DIYS FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN
- Tea leaves face toner: A mix of peppermint, green tea and aloe vera gel boiled in distilled water can be soothing and calming on your skin. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and fights off free radicals causing inflamed skin.
- Ubtan face masks: Ubtan is a famous ayurvedic skincare product for plummeting acne, blemishes and pigmentation. An amalgamation of gram flour, turmeric, sandalwood powder, rose water and Milk can help defend the skin as they are rich in nutrients and vitamins. Infused with antibacterial properties, it inhibits the growth of bacteria and clears acne.
- Oatmeal and honey face mask: Honey is packed with anti-microbial properties that keep your skin clean and healthy. Similarly, oatmeal is an ayurvedic skincare ingredient with antioxidants that clear out the germs and radicals from the skin. Mix the ingredients with rose water and Milk to gain multifold results.
INGREDIENTS FOR OILY SKIN
Oily skin is caused due to upshot of excess sebum production from the sebaceous glands. Sebum protects your skin from harmful pollutants and allergens and keeps your skin moisturized. Ayurvedic skincare Ingredients like honey, oatmeal, aloe Vera, tomatoes, banana, eggs, etc., can stabilize your sebaceous glands and control the excess oil.
BEST DIYS FOR OILY SKIN
- Coffee and honey scrub: It is vital to scrub that greasy skin as the excess oil production can clog the pores and lead to acne and inflammation. Coffee is a natural exfoliator that wipes out all the extra oil, germs and toxins. Potent with antioxidants, coffee reduces the inflammation and redness of the skin, giving it a soft and smooth texture. Honey, therefore, is a therapeutic ayurvedic skin care product that provides moisture to the skin.
- Orange peel powder mask: Although the dried orange powder is easily found in supermarkets but can also be curated at home with grounding dried orange peels. Orange peel powder is a great cleanser, astringent and toner that improves blood circulation and encourages skin tone.
- Cornmeal and yoghurt mask: A mix of ingredients with a drop of lemon juice rich in vitamin C helps in exfoliating and nourishing the epidermis. Lemon is antiseptic and protects from germs and contaminants.
Homemade products and ayurvedic skincare natural remedies are easy to use and provide long-lasting benefits without causing any damage. However, to get hold of full benefits, it's essential to scrutinize the positive impacts consistently. Understanding your skin needs is crucial as you can only specify the ayurvedic skincare product for your skin in DIYs skincare. Always do a patch test to be sure of any allergies or irritation.