3 Things you Must Keep in Mind While Using a Sheet Mask
As per Ayurveda, Lepa is the part of skincare wherein dried herbs are mixed together in a paste freshly applied on cleansed skin. The active compounds of these herbs would benefit the skin and make it soft, smooth & supple over time.
Due to lack of face pack preparation time, an Ayurvedic Sheet Mask is an easy-to-use option. Applying the sheet mask helps rejuvenate the skin by allowing deeper penetration of the herbs, resulting in an instant brightening, glow and refreshment.
What is a Sheet Mask?
A sheet mask is a semi-thick flexible paper immersed in serum and other natural ingredients to give your skin a complete dose of hydration and nourishment.
Things to Keep in Mind While Using a Sheet Mask
Wash your face
Always cleanse the skin before applying any sheet mask as we often have build-up, grime and oil on our skin. You can also use a face scrub like T.A.C Kumkumadi Face Scrub twice a week to deeply cleanse and exfoliate the skin before applying the sheet mask.
Don't leave it for too long
Do not leave the Sheet mask on for more than 20 mins, as the sheet becomes dry and starts reabsorbing the moisture from the skin. Make sure to use a timer of 15 mins. Leave the mask on your face at the time suggested on the sheet.
One common mistake people make while using a sheet mask is they immediately wash their face. Never wash your face immediately after removing the sheet mask, as it defeats the purpose of this product which needs to be absorbed in the skin. Once removed, gently massage the excess serum in the face & neck until absorbed.
When to Use Sheet Mask?
Anytime is a good time! Be it morning or night, you can give your skin a boost of hydration, giving an instant result that lasts for a day or two.
The time duration of applying the Ayurvedic sheet mask and then keeping it on is less than 20 mins, which is quick and hassle-free.
- When applied in the morning, you can skip your regular serum and directly apply a moisturiser, sunscreen and make-up as per preference.
- When used during the night, you have the added advantage of leaving the skin bare post removal of the sheet mask, as it helps the skin absorb the serum without interruption as you rest.
Expert Tip: Always apply Ayurvedic sheet masks at bedtime, massage the serum with a facial roller and sleep well. You will notice a rejuvenated glow the following day.
Benefits of Ayurvedic Sheet Mask
- They are easy to use and convenient as they can be carried during long journeys, especially on aircraft where the skin gets dry and dehydrated.
- They are skin concern specific and give instant results, so it is a great option when you don't have the time to get any extensive beauty and skin treatments done.
- Most reliable option, as there is a lot of variety, and you can choose as per your preference. The ease of application and assurance of a positive outcome makes it possible to incorporate it multiple times a week.