Vice President - Engineering APPLY NOW
As a VP-Engineering in T.A.C, you will play a major role in our IT strategy, planning and execution, including managing a technology budget and making investments to align the company with its vision for its technological needs. You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator, and an expert in technological development. We are seeking a highly skilled VP Engineering with a strong experience in a similar role.
You will work directly under the Co-Founders and will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the company.
As a VP Engineering, your role will comprise of the following:
- Exemplary Leadership:
- Responsible for building and leading a strong & agile engineering team, which is ahead of the curve & engaged in creating one of the most successful next generation e-commerce products.
- Deliver an excellent user experience, ensuring a friction-less shopping experience to improve customer loyalty & ensure higher conversion rate and average basket size.
- Plan technical strategy, product roadmaps, resources requirement and technology cost/budget
- Own technical & architectural decision making and be responsible with defining strong engineering processes to establish rhythm, plan product releases and ensure timely delivery.
- Ensure excellent up-time for architecture, database, platform, and front-end applications for faster response time and 24/7 availability.
- Provide leadership and direction to direct reports and small agile teams across a variety of complex projects spanning web development, back-end services development and multiple languages.
- Responsible for ongoing training, career development and performance management of the team
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work with other departments to deliver business needs and provide input to the strategic direction of product development, directly influencing the business direction of new and existing products.
- Engagement with Leadership Team: Closely & constantly engage with the CEO and leadership team to understand the vision & ensure the strategic evolution of back-end architecture, codebase, and product design to realize the same. You will be closely engaged in developing technology business plans and budgets that support the short-term budget & long-term growth and business objectives of the company.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor/Master's degree in CS/ME/IT/related technology
- 10+ years of relevant & demonstrated hands-on technical management experience of software engineering
- Demonstrated experience in large scale Java development, mobile and web applications
- Prior consumer internet experience is a must
- Experience in working in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience in eCommerce, big data, and data science is a must