Top 3 Ayurvedic Ingredients for Dry Skin
Dry skin is a result of aggravated vata dosha in the body. Dryness can steal your skin's glow and even cause the skin to age faster than usual. Dry skin is prone to wrinkles, fine lines, crow lines near the eyes and pigmentation. While some of you might naturally have dry skin, it is most often a sign of lack of hydration and nourishment in the skin. Here are some Ayurvedic time tested ingredients that help you protect your dry skin.
Commonly known as Eladi tailam or Eladi keram, this formulation is extensively used by Ayurvedic experts for a lot of skin ailments. It is made of 26 Ayurvedic ingredients infused in sesame oil or coconut oil base. Eladi Oil is a soothing oil that nourishes, moisturizes, and has anti-inflammatory action.
Eladi Oil can be applied to your face or even the whole body to control the aggravated vata. It has a sweet earthy fragrance and is clinically used to treat urticaria, allergic dermatitis, acne, scabies and infectious diseases of the skin.
Triphala is a group of three Ayurvedic fruits with detoxifying and tridosha balancing properties. Triphala consists of Hared (Terminalia chebula), Baheda (Terminalia bellerica) and Amla(Emblica officinale). Triphala has immense benefits for skin and hair. Triphala is an effective drug for detox and colon cleanse. Once the colon is clear off all toxins, it will, in turn, clear the skin of acne and breakout.
Triphala powder, which is a fine homogenous mixture of herbs, has a mild exfoliating action on the skin. It can be used on the facial skin as well. It also has a gentle cleansing and detoxifying action on the skin. Triphala is used to treat skin problems like urticaria, pruritis, infections, allergies and inflammatory skin conditions.
Hemp Seed Oil:
Hemp is gaining popularity in the beauty and personal wellness, medical and nutrition industry. You might be wondering how to use hemp seed oil for acne and dry skin! Scroll down to read more.
Hemp is beneficial for the skin when used both internally and externally. Hemp has moisturizing and nourishing properties on the skin. It is safe to be used on facial skin and all skin types. Hempseed oil is used in many beauty and wellness products. Hemp is a variety of Cannabis with some natural variations in its phyto composition. Hemp contains a lot of cannabinoids that are beneficial for health. The Hemp used in products is low in THC, a chemical that gives the psychosomatic effect.
At TAC, we have an exclusive Eladi, Triphala and Hempseed Range of products that give glowing and radiant skin.
Eladi Triphala Hempseed Face and Body Glow oil- REDUCES CELLULITE: This body glow oil helps reduce cellulite, stretch marks, scars with regular usage. The skin quickly absorbs it, resulting in a reparative, moisturized effect.
- Nourished & Glowy skin: This body glow oil mimics the natural lipids found in our skin, repairing and re-regulating your skin's moisture barrier, which is responsible for oil production. It gently relaxes the skin, rejuvenates the texture and provides a natural sheen.
- Luxurious experience: The therapeutic aroma enriched with notes of Ylang Ylang relax and soothe the senses. From the divine Eladi & Triphala range, the oil is efficient in restoring the skin's firmness, suppleness, and glow.
Eladi Triphala Hempseed face Polisher- DETAN & Glow: Get radiant and dewy skin with natural illumination and easy de-tanning. TAC's Eladi, Triphala & Hempseed Face Polisher has finely ground particles to reduce acne scars and blemishes. It removes dead & damaged skin cells and allows the skin to rejuvenate.
- Goodbye Flaky Skin: Dry skin patches or flaky skin makes the skin look dull. This Face polisher helps eliminate flaky skin and make it smoother.
- UNCLOG ENLARGED PORES: Hemp Seed helps moisturize the skin with essential oils & fatty acids. It balances the skin sebum, and infused herbs unclog the skin pores.
- Gentle Exfoliation: Enriched with Eladi Triphala, it purifies the skin, clears acne & lightens scars. It makes the skin supple, refreshed & healed from within.
- Unclog Enlarged Pores & Reduce Irritation: Multiherbs infused Body polisher removes the sebum oil and unclogs the skin pores. The finely ground particles also contribute to clearing out allergens and germs, causing irritation. It promotes the natural skin resurfacing process and removes the dead and damaged skin cells, and allows the skin to rejuvenate.
- GENTLE EXFOLIATION: This Body polisher gently solves all skin problems & bless with soft, supple skin. Infused with Ayurveda's choicest Eladi & Triphala, it helps clear acne, lighten scars & cellulite and control excess oil, making the skin supple, refreshed & healed from within.
- SOFT, SUPPLE, BRIGHT SKIN: This Body polisher has plant-derived Hemp Seed extracts that ensure gentle moisturization for bright & glowing skin. Rich in fatty acids, it helps maintain skin elasticity & infuses antioxidants for healthy skin.
- Chemical-free: TAC is all about solutions made with all-natural, bio-actives & plant-derived ingredients and is free from harmful minerals, chemicals & skin irritants. We believe in skin & environmental friendly products that are neither derived nor tested on animals. They are gender-neutral & suitable for all skin/hair types.
- PREVENTS SKIN AGEING: It defends against premature ageing & collagen damage by the sun & protects connective tissues.
- BROAD- SPECTRUM BENEFITS : The sun radiates two types of harmful UV light, namely UVA and UVB. The UVA rays can cause age spots and wrinkling, and UVB rays are the causes of sunburns. Eladi extract & Triphala helps protect skin cells from both.
- COOLS THE SKIN: Infused with cooling agents of Aloe Vera & Cucumber, this Sunscreen hydrates the skin, helps remove sunspots and hyperpigmentation.
Home remedies to take care of your dry skin
Taking care of dry skin at home may not be as easy as it sounds, but consistency will get your skin soft, supple and glowing. Follow these simple home remedies to take care of your dry skin at home.
- Applying aloe vera pulp and massaging in circular motions helps to replish dry skin.
- Applying coconut oil or olive oil mixed with a face pack of turmeric and sandalwood powder moisturises the skin.
- A face mask of smashed papaya, tomato and honey is an effective remedy to replenish dry skin.
- An Avocado or banana face mask also prevents dryness of the skin.
Lifestyle modifications to take care of your dry skin
You might be using the best skincare products, but you cannot achieve your dream skin if you are not following a healthy lifestyle. Here are some simple practices that get you glowing:
- Hydrate. Drink 7-9 glasses of water daily. Drinking enough water nourishes all the skin cells making it healthy.
- Avoid using skincare products containing SLS and parabens on your skin. These are harsh chemicals and preservatives that damage your skin cells.
- Avoid using heaving foaming facial cleansers that rip off the natural oils secreted by your skin.
- Take a variety of fruits and vegetables that is rich on anti oxidants which can help your skin repair a dn rejuvanate on a regular basis.
- Use water or oil based moisturisers on your skin before sleep and also before applying make up