Hair Guide for Colour-Treated Hair
Adding a little colour never goes out of style! To look prim and proper, everyone has a right to style their hair according to their preferences. Colour treating your hair is a bold way to express yourself, and that's why so many people opt for colouring. The result is excellent. However, the consequences are not so much. It's pretty severe and, if left untreated, might cause some damage to your looks as well as your self-esteem. Wonder what we are talking about?
It's Hair Loss!
Yes, and lots of it! This can be coupled with dull and lifeless hair, split ends and dandruff. Wonder why your hair is breaking out so much after you treated yourself with your dream hair colour? It is probably because of one or more of these reasons:
- Hair dyes and curling creams have a lot of chemical components in them that react with your scalp and cause the weakening of hair roots. That's why your hair starts to become limp and breaks easily.
- The constant tug and pull of the hair during the process of colouring itself can lead to temporary or permanent damage to your hair follicles which perpetually stops hair growth.
- Many hair dyes have chemicals that can irritate a sensitive scalp. In extreme cases, scalp infections are also noticed. It has also been known to increase your dandruff woes and the subsequent itching, damaging hair follicles.
- If your colour has any alcohol, then it's bad news for your mane. The alcohol instantly dries out your scalp making it devoid of necessary oils and nutrients. Thus your hair becomes brittle and weak.
- Also, heat styling products like curlers and straighteners dry your hair and make it more prone to breakage.
That is why it is essential to take special care of colour treated hair to maintain your health. Of course, cleansing and deep conditioning is a must. We also recommend using heat protectant sprays to minimise the damage caused by blow-drying or straightening.
A Pro-Tip : Argan Oil is a great deep conditioning oil that helps protect against heat styling products.
Even after doing all these, if your hair is still falling, maybe it's time to consider other factors. Before that, remember that it's completely fine to lose up to 100 hair strands a day. Now, ask yourself these questions.
- Are you eating healthy? What kind of diet are you following?
- Do you eat junk foods frequently?
- How often do you shampoo and condition your hair?
- Do you exercise regularly?
- Do you smoke or drink?
- Are you having a regular sleep?
- Are you under stress?
An unhealthy lifestyle is one of the biggest causes of hair fall. Unfortunately, many people don't realise that and keep shampooing their hair frequently to keep up. If you are not healthy from within, your hair will show. But carelessness about your hair is not good either. Depending on your hair type and the weather conditions, you need to shampoo at least 2-3 times a week. Suppose you are always on the run; shampoo regularly with a gentle cleanser. There are a lot of gentle formulations for colour treated hair too.
Follow these 10 Rules to ensure healthy, bouncy hair all the time.
- Wish to make your hair colour last longer? Then ensure that your scalp and tresses are deeply conditioned enough to retain moisture in colour treated hair and leave hair shiny and smooth.
- Wash your hair less often. By this, we mean a maximum of 2 times a week. Shampooing regularly will strip away the natural oils from your colour treated hair and turn your tresses limp and dry.
- If you need to cleanse your hair in between, choose good quality dry shampoos that will help soak up the excess oil.
- Don't wash your hair with hot water. It dries out your hair faster than a blow dryer would! It also opens up your hair strands, making the hair dye molecules escape more quickly. Instead, opt for lukewarm or cool water to wash your hair to retain the colour longer.
- Make sure to trim your hair regularly every 4-5 weeks. This helps keep stray hairs and split ends problems at bay.
- Opt for sulphate free shampoos and hair cleansers. SLS and SLES are surfactants that contain salt. Salt strips away colour and moisture from dyed hair, leaving your hair dull and lifeless.
- Your shampoos and conditioners should be specially formulated for colour treated hair. Use deep conditioners and gentle shampoos that moisturise and clean without removing your scalp's natural oils.
- Opt for deep conditioning treatments now and then. You have to apply it on damp hair, leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash off with cold water. You can also use leave-in treatments.
- Before using heat styling products on the hair, apply a leave-in conditioner and finish off with a heat protectant spray that helps minimise heat damage.
It looks tedious, doesn't it? But what if we tell you that we have a better solution for you so that you don't need to check the ingredient list before buying frantically? Wonder what it is? Simple! switch to Ayurveda and see the world of difference it causes. So start your healing journey with TAC Ayurveda, and we promise you won't be disappointed!
Why choose TAC Ayurveda?
We craft skincare products that are result-oriented and fuss-free. With a nature-forward approach that blends the knowledge of modern science with the age-old Ayurveda secrets, we provide you with gentle formulations that target your various skin and hair concerns. All our products are free from harmful ingredients like sulphates and parabens. Instead, they are enriched with natural products like Manjistha, Bhringaraj, Gotu kola and many others to provide you maximum benefit. So come, experience the new age of Ayurveda with us!
Here is a regimen for colour treated hair:
A few simple steps, and you can get back the shine and glow of your virgin hair even after colouring. Let's go through them:
- Please give yourself a good oil massage and leave it on overnight. This ensures that the oil has seeped in every inch of your scalp and hair strands. This helps in strengthening and nourishing your roots. Try the TAC Methi Bhringraj Oil, which protects damaged hair while minimising split ends. Built with natural keratin and bhringraj oil, this helps detoxify your scalp and provide shine to your hair shaft.
- Well, although you won't like the greasy feeling the morning afterwards, we urge you not to overdo the shampooing. Gently wash your hair twice with our Methi Shampoo. Infused with the goodness of bhringraj, lotus oil and soy protein, the shampoo gently cleanses scalp buildups and promotes healthy hair growth.
- Follow this up with a deep conditioner. Try the TAC Red Onion conditioner infused with the goodness of Niacinamide and Gotu kola. Niacinamide balances your scalp pH, while Gotu kola helps improve hair growth. A nourishing conditioner that conditions your hair strands from top to bottom and leaves you feeling refreshed all day!
- Give your hair some extra love with some deep conditioning treatments at home. Try the TAC Hair mask with Methi and Bhringraj. Keratin, lotus oil and soy protein help add lustre and shine to your hair shafts in addition to promoting healthy hair growth. Massage it all over your strands and tie up your hair in a bun. Leave it on for 30-60 minutes, and then wash off with a gentle cleanser.
Colouring your hair comes with its own set of baggage. It's no secret that colour treated hair is high maintenance. However, the resultant voluminous, shiny hair will make it feel all worth it at the end! Follow these tips and ensure healthy-looking hair every day!