Importance of Zinc for Immunity
Where the developed countries of the world are planning the ideas for recovering the country post-covid, few countries, including India, are still struggling with the second wave. Lack of slots and unequal distribution of vaccinations is a cause of significant concern in many countries. The news of the upcoming third layer has created a sense of horror, and everyone is taking every possible precaution.
The incidence of Zinc deficiency in Covid patients suffering from severe symptoms popularized the consumption of Zinc for Immunity. Zinc became the second most essential nutrient for Covid-19 after Vitamin C to improve the body's immunity as a first response against the virus. The benefits of Zinc and Vitamin C for the immune system have been recognized as indispensable components of preventive care against the virus. Zinc is an essential nutrient that plays a crucial role in shielding the immune system against external disease-causing elements. This essential health booster has shown the ability to decrease the risk of diseases or ailments. Unlike other nutrients naturally produced within the body, Zinc needs to be taken in through diets or medical supplements. Let's take a look at the various benefits our bodies can derive from Zinc, some organic sources of Zinc and a couple of wonderous immunity-boosting supplements TAC has stored up its pantry for your health and wellbeing.
Importance of Zinc in our body
1. Immunity booster: Zinc helps increase immunity functions in the body. It governs the immune cell functions and cell signalling by incorporating Zinc supplements in the benefits of your ayurvedic food from oxidative stress and reduces the risk of infections.
2. Accelerates wound healing: Patients with long term wounds or ulcers have low zinc levels, and doctors recommended taking zinc supplements to patients with tenacious wounds. Zinc also benefits the skin; feeding your body with ayurvedic foods rich in Zinc helps skin repair and prevent allergies.
3. Treats diarrhoea: WHO recommends zinc supplements for kids suffering from diarrhoea. It shortens the bouts of diarrhoea among individuals who avoid nutritious diets.
4. Treats acne: Acne is driven from the oil glands trapped with germs and allergens. Topical or oral use of Zinc supplements through ayurvedic foods effectively treats acne by reducing inflammation.
5. Decreases inflammation: Zinc helps in reducing levels of inflammatory proteins and decreasing oxidative stress components. Oxidative stress induces chronic inflammation and contributes to a wide array of chronic illnesses.
Benefits of Zinc for Immunity
Patients with positive coronavirus have compromised immunity, and this weakens the antibodies that are essential for fighting the deadly virus. A robust immunity is a collective effort of a nutritious diet and healthy lifestyle. Several everyday kitchen ingredients include the antioxidant nutrient Zinc that amplifies the immune system's protective capabilities. They accelerate the functions of cells mediating innate immunity and neutrophils (a type of white blood cells.) According to research, individuals with a suboptimal Zinc status have an increased risk for autoimmune diseases and infections. Zinc is infused with antiviral properties that play a significant role in activating and inactivating numerous enzymes that are essential for cellular activity, including DNA synthesis and enhancing cell metabolism and overall bodily digestion. Zinc also helps the body with protein synthesis and is therefore also crucial in helping with body recovery and healing wounds. The mineral also plays an essential role in maintaining skin health and its deficiency can result in a reduced sense of smell and taste. Despite this huge host of functions and benefits that Zinc is capable of providing our bodies, the one key area of focus for the purpose of our discussion shall be its ability to increase immunity. Let's take a look at some everyday food items that are a rich source of Zinc and how we can incorporate them in our regular diets.
How to Increase immunity with food rich in Zinc
1. Legumes: Chickpeas, beans and lentils are good sources of Zinc and are low in calories. They are also infused with essential nutrients like protein and fibre. Everyday Indian diet is rich in legumes, making the consumption of Zinc an almost effortless process.
2. Cashews: These prominent nuts are packed with Vitamin K, A, Folate and Zinc for Immunity. Cashews are rich in mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids that assist in the reduction of cholesterol in the heart. Include these delicious nuts in your diet to draw all their benefits.
3. Oats: They are wholesome foods loaded with fibre, Zinc, Vitamin B6, and beta-gluten. These essential nutrients in this ayurvedic food promote the growth of good bacteria in the gut.
4. Pumpkin seeds: This rare ayurvedic food is versatile and can be added to the diet in various ways. Pumpkin seeds are infused with Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, and Copper, which are all great for improving immunity.
5. Dairy products: No Indian household starts a regular day without consuming dairy products in one form or another. Milk and yoghurt are both excellent sources of Calcium and Zinc. These dairy products assist in building and strengthening bones, teeth and have a positive impact on gut health as well.
Although we can incorporate Zinc within our regular lives through different measures, feeding our bodies with these healthy foods helps our bodies naturally by undertaking its regular bodily function of nutrition absorption.
The third wave of covid-19 is being predicted already, owing to the current circumstance. Regardless of all the unpredictability around this subject, many have suggested that the wave is likely to target kids. Over the past couple of waves, Zinc deficiency has shown to correlate with an increased risk of contracting Pneumonia and Coronavirus. Therefore in times like these, it becomes imperative that a much greater deal of focus be put on preventive measures and precautionary exercises that not just prevent us from catching the virus but also help our body build up strong enough immunity to be able to put up a fight in the event that we do fall prey to COVID-19.
Increase Immunity with TAC
TAC-The Ayurveda Co.- with its array of wellness products, is here to become your one-stop destination for fighting diseases and ailments with 100% organic and naturally derived ayurvedic ingredients to help increase your body's immunity and boost your metabolism.
TAC Ayurvedic Kadha With Vitamin C & Zinc
Any conversation about Ayurvedic immunity-boosting ingredients is absolutely incomplete without our old trusty grandma's favourite Kadha. All of us are bound to have some memory of bitter Kadha being given to us, especially during the flu season. This ayurvedic concoction was never a favorite as little kids, but the pandemic has again brought this recipe into the limelight. With our fast-paced lifestyle, it gets a tad difficult to incorporate it in our daily self-care routine.
Minimize the risk of viral infections, maintain good health & an active lifestyle with daily consumption of TAC Ayurvedic immunity booster Kadha powered with Natural Vitamin C & Zinc.
Made with 11 handpicked Herbs & Spices from Ayurveda, this Kadha helps improve your immunity & defend your body against diseases by increasing internal strength.
How to Consume - Add 1 teaspoon of TAC Ayurvedic Kadha Powder in 150 ml of boiling water and stir the ingredients properly.
You may add Jaggery or Lemon for taste. After this, strain and drink the hot decoction in sips and reseal the pouch snugly after each use. Regular consumption of the Ayurvedic Kadha will detoxify the body and maintain overall health while improving immunity.
TAC 100% Pure & Natural Shilajit
A miracle resin has been taking the health and fitness world by storm. Found naturally on extremely high altitudes and rough terrains of the Himalayas, Shilajit is another wonder wellness ingredient that we would like to introduce you to. Shilajit is a tar-like black-coloured substance found in the Himalayan rocks. It is formed after several hundred years of decomposition of plants and is most predominantly found in the Himalayan mountain range. Increase Immunity with TAC's 100% pure and natural shilajit
The potent and raw organic Shilajit is all-natural and sourced directly from the Himalayan Mountains. Shilajit in Resin form, which is semi-liquid, is the purest form of Shilajit. Pure Ayurvedic Shilajit benefits the body by building stamina for rigorous physical activities and sports. It may reduce symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and restore energy. Rich in fulvic acid, it is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that protects against free radicals and cellular damage. Regular use of organic Shilajit may contribute to longevity, a slower ageing process, and better health. Potent in a wide range of minerals and compounds, Shilajit may also help fight off & kill many different viruses in isolated environments.
Take a minimal, almost pea-sized quantity in TAC's brass spoon that comes with the product. Dissolve this shilajit in a cup of a hot beverage of your choice, like warm milk, tea, coffee, green tea etc. and consume it every day.
Regular use of naturally obtained, organic shilajit can boost physical & mental performance, help absorb key nutrients and increase immunity against diseases and ailments. It also uplifts energy levels and enhances bodily metabolism while also helping the body improve and adjust its sleep cycle.